Friday, June 4, 2010

Quick and Easy Summer Look Ideas: Eyes

Since summer has come along, my make-up routine has definitely swayed to simplicity. The easier the better, but I also want something that brightens. So I sorted through my makeup and came up with some of my go to items thus far this summer!

Eyes! Definitely my favourite thing to play up or down. These are all colours that are brightening simple ones that I love to wear as quick wash over my lid. For darker skintones try to pick colours a shade or two lighter than your skin colour for the same look.
From top to Bottom: Gosh Waterproof Eyeshadow stick in Love that Beige (an Ivory colour); Mac Shadestick in Nurture, a peach-pink; NYX eyeshadow single in Apricot Moose; Mac eyeshadow in Vex (my all time favourite Mac eyeshadow grey green with pink duochrome both subtle and beautiful; and the really sheer but lovely textured Revlon Matte eyeshadow single in Vintage Lace, an Ivory shade.
The whole point is something quick, easy and brightening around the eye. Nothing shocking but because the colour is lighter than your skintone or even similar should bring light to your eyes. And of course, it takes less than 30 seconds to do. What are your favourite easy but flattering eye looks when your in a hurry? (Or just lazy?)

No comments:

Post a Comment