Saturday, August 14, 2010

NOTD: Nyx Fire 136 Polish

The polish bottle.

This nail polish has quickly become one of my favourites. A stunning peach-pink base with a green and blue duochrome it adds colour without being in your face. In fact I’d almost classify it as a neutral. Perfect for spring and summer, this shade reminds me of a fire opal, which I suppose makes sense because NYX named it 136, Fire. At times, it also looks like mother-of-pearl inside sea shells as well.
Outside, ooh pretty green flash!
The formula for this is good, being thin enough you can easily apply a coat, but due to it’s high pigment, one coat is almost enough for an opaque nail. Unfortunately, I did get some minor bubbling, and it took a while to dry even with the quick dry topcoat, but it wears well. I particularly like the short handle on the brush for this, and I would gladly look into getting more NYX polishes.
Made in the USA, the bottle holds 0.5 oz or 14ml. It’s DBP free, and NYX mentions that it’s their professional salon formula. The small bottle makes it easy to pack so you can take it with you on vacation (which is where I put it on :D).
Outside, showing all the imperfections I made *hides face*
Inside.
Shown is two coats of the polish, with Revlon’s 2 in 1 Base and Top Coat as the base, and China Glaze’s Quick Dry Top Coat on top.

Overall, I do really like this polish, especially because it reminds me of my recently passed Grandmother, who was fond of peachy-pink corals like the base of this one.

Rating: 7/10 -> This lost points only for longevity of polish on the nail, and not being big three free.

No comments:

Post a Comment