Saturday, September 11, 2010

Silicone Free Primer Price Comparison List


Silicone-free primers have been all the rage lately, mainly because companies are starting to realize that silicone causes breakouts for those acne-prone among us. I know I certainly fall into this category, and I want primers that help my foundation stay on longer, look nicer, and disguise pores too! So this post is the start of a couple of primer related posts I'm going to be doing over the next few days.
Some of the primers below are not named as primers, for example the Korres Wild Rose Serum. However, the company states that it works well as a primer too, so I've included it as part of the list. The below silicone-free primers are listed from best value to most expensive price per 0.1 oz of product. I've checked all the ingredients myself on these to make sure none contain silicone, but because everyone's skin is different, I can't guarantee these won't break you out. So without further ado:


1) Fyrinnae Velvet-Gel Silica Primer, 0.75 oz, $5.50 USDà 0.73
2) Laura Mercier, Foundation Primer, 1.75 oz, $30 USDà 1.71
3) Josie Maran Argan Primer Mist, $36, 2.0 ozà 1.80
4) NARS, Makeup Primer $33 USD, 1.7 ozà 1.94
5) Bare Essentuals Prime Time Foundation Primer Oil Control, 1 oz, $21 USDà 2.10
6) Lorac, aquaPRIME Oil Free Makeup Primer, $30, 1.35 ozà 2.22
Korres Face Primer $28, 1.01ozà 2.77
6) Korres, Quercetin & Oak Age-reversing Primer, 1.1 oz, $33 USDà 3.00
6) Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion – Brightening, 1 oz, $30 USDà 3.00
8) Tarte, ReCreate™ Silicone-Free Primer with Wrinkle Rewind™ Technology, 1 oz, $32 USDà 3.20
8) TARINA TARANTINO Pearl Glow Primer, 1oz, $32 USD->3.20
8) Cargo Blu_ray activating primer, $32 USD, 1 oz à 3.20
11) Fresh, Rose FreshFace Primer, $36 USD, 1 ozà 3.60
11) Fresh, Twilight Freshface glow, $36 USD, 1 ozà 3.60
13) Korres Wild Rose Brightening Serum, 1.01 oz, $41 USDà 4.06
14) Urban decay De-Slick In A Tube Mattifying Gel, 0.67 oz, $28 USDà 4.18

If I've missed one you know doesn't contain silicone please let me know! It's so hard to find Silicone-free primers (especially good ones!) so I'm keeping this list up so everyone can see the options available! And Bonus all the brands listed are cruelty-free. :D

ADDITION: I've found the Cargo Primer available for $28 CND on theshoppingchannel.com and it ships for free, so if you go by their lower price, it would rank lower on the list, just incase someone is interested. :D (I'm always on the lookout for good deals!)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the list! Have you checked out Dior Skinflash primer? I don't have it and I haven't tried it, so I'm not sure if it contains silicone or not... I'm so glad that my Smashbox Photo Finish Primer doesn't break me out, I can´t live without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunetly, I know that the Dior primer does have silicone in it, and I'm unsure of Dior's animal testing status. I wish silicone didn't break me out, MUFE had an amazing primer that I loved but broke me out due to the silicone. *sigh* thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete