Monday, November 1, 2010

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Swatches

Lip Pencils by NARS at ShopStyle

Forbidden Red and Damned

This weekend at Sephora I decided to swatch the Nars Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencils because people have been commenting on my previous post True Blood- A Look at Pam's Cosmetics. In the image she is wearing according to the actress Cruella, however the picture and lighting makes her look like she is wearing Damned. I wanted to show you the swatches of the entire line so everyone could have a look. Personally I'd love to have one of these. Super pigmented and I've heard very long wearing as well these little beauties are lovely.
From Left to Right: Bettina, Sex Machine, Roman Holiday, Dolce Vita, Walkyrie, (Missing Belle De Jour- sheer beige),
Bahama, Damned, Cruella, Dragon Girl
As you can see (or click the image to see it bigger) Damned is more of a berry whereas Cruella has more red to it. Both are pretty close though!
Left to Right: Bettina, Bettina, Sex Machine, Sex Machine, Roman Holiday,  Roman Holiday, Dolce Vita
Left to Right: Dolce Vita, Dolce Vita, Walkyrie, Missing- Belle De Jour (sheer beige), Bahama, Damned, Cruella, (missing Cruella), Dragon Girl

Clicking the Image with the two Lip Pencils at the start will bring you to the Nars website allowing you to see all the shades. They have some colours that Sephora doesn't offer including, Pop Life (a shimmering True Red), Marina (a Rich Cognac), Red Square (a bright Orange Red), Cafe Con Leche (a Candied Ginger), Calliope (a dark pink based coral), Sierra (a sultry burnt Orange), Toundra (a Metallic Burgundy) and Forbidden Red (a Brick Red). 

This lip pencils are enriched with Vitamin E and are easy to apply, the only downside is you have to sharpen them. They're $24.00 USD each and contain 0.086 oz which isn't very much when you consider the average lipstick is around 0.12 oz. At the moment Nars is having all orders ship free which is a nice little bonus though.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely swatches! :) These are some of the Nars Velvet Matte lip pencils that I own: Sex Machine (my fave), Bettina, Damned and Marina. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous! They are so lovely, I was super impressed when I swatched them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have cruella and dolce vita! Lovely but I have eyes for Dragon Girl. They last so well!

    ReplyDelete