Friday, November 26, 2010

Pressing Pigment Kit

A little while ago I ordered a pigment pressing kit from The Body Needs website in an attempt to try and use my pigments more. I find if I don't have an abundance of time I don't use them so I wanted to make them more assessable by pressing them into pans that will fit into a palette. The kit comes with a card of instructions on how to go about the process. Also included are 10 eyeshadow pans, two mini spatulas, two small sheets of magnets, a bottle of pressing medium and a stamp for pressing.
My first one was too dry but I think I'm getting the hang of it now. The picture above is of the two pans I've pressed (one not pressed yet) all under a heat lamp to get the alcohol to evaporate quicker. I've pressed one of The Body Needs eyeshadows in Pixie Dust, and two Barry M dazzle dusts in Kingfisher and Emerald. 
Next up will be some of my Fyrinnae pigments that I have. Does anyone press their pigments? Do you use them more now?

No comments:

Post a Comment