Thursday, December 9, 2010

Blinc Mascara Review

Mascara by Blinc at ShopStyle
A little while ago I ordered Blinc Mascara from Dermstore.com to see how another tubing mascara compared to my favourite mascara another tubing one by Clinique called Lash Power. (See my review on Lash Power Mascara Here! :D) I've been using Blinc's mascara in black for a couple weeks now and honestly am wowed. 
Neat Hourglass sort-of shaped brush

Though expensive at about $24 USD a pop, this mascara passes my expectations in so many categories. It doesn't run at all, it doesn't flake, it comes off significantly easier than Clinique's Lash Power Mascara, it's softer feeling and more flexible on my lashes than Lash Power, and my lashes look just as great. I think the only downside I've had with this mascara is that it is quite wet upon application. I have to wait longer than I do with Lash Power for it to set and if I blink I'm just about guaranteed to get mascara on the eyelids and possibly below my eye too which is annoying as I put on mascara last so I'll have to clean up the spot then redo some of my eye make-up. 
Natural Lashes

With Blinc Mascara

Natural Lashes

With Blinc Mascara
Overall I love this Mascara but I don't know if I can justify buying such an expensive mascara every time I run out (which won't be very often as I still have to finish my Lash Power off and this new bottle of Blinc). It has even less than Lash Power in amount with only 0.19 oz of product compared to Clinique's 0.21 oz. Though there is more colour selection with Blinc having a dark Chocolate colour, a green, a purple and a blue in addition to the plain black. 

Sprite Rating: 9/10- Lost one point for price/product ratio and wetness. Otherwise I love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment