Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wet n' Wild Holiday Palette Swatches~ Review

L-R: Sugar Plum Fairy, Golden Goddess, Night Elf, Snow Sprite
I recently received all four of these palettes as a gift from a lovely woman I met on a chat! Thank-you so so so so much! All four of these palettes are just lovely! Although hard to find and some variation in pigmentation all are great palettes with buttery soft eyeshadow that is either shimmery, metallic or with fine glitter.
Eye Pencils that came with the Swatches

The pencils are kind of hard but are very pigmented and lasted quite well for me. I especially liked the gold in the bronze shade and the purple. 
Snow Sprite
Snow Sprite
This is my favourite palette! And the photos don't do it justice! The lightest beige colour has the smallest sheen of green and the dark blue is really deep and not nearly as black as it looks.
Sugar Plum Fairy
Sugar Plum Fairy
This palette is amazing! A silver-purple, a rose, a rose beige, and a dark-brown that is supposed to be a dupe for Nars Mekong. So pretty!
Night Elf
The red in this is stunning. It's red with red shimmer that isn't noticeable in this picture (or any of the others I took), but it's amazing. And of course the silver is fantastic and the Mac Club dupe is great too! (See down below to see my Night Elf Look!)
Golden Goddess
Golden Goddess
Golden Goddess is stunning in it's intensity but I'm fairly sure its only going to work for warmer skinner women. Some of the coppers in this blow me away in this.
Night Elf Look

Sugar Plum Fairy
Snow Sprite

Night Elf

Golden Goddess
For the price of these and the quality I think they're most certainly worth the hunt to find them! Great pigmentation on the majority of these shades though some of them can be less so and some are kind of powdery and produce fall-out. Overall, really impressed!

Sprite Rating: 8/10- for hard to find and the fallout while applying.

3 comments:

  1. Love your swatches. Good job! --Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! You are incredibly lucky.
    I've been searching for over a month but I have had no luck. I even had my boyfriend who's in the US look for these treasures for me but he has had no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jaybird: Thanks so much Jennie, just want to say you made my entire month with your gift!
    @ Ashley: Have you maybe tried Zellars? I've heard that they have some. Best of luck! If it make syou feel better they're worth the search!

    ReplyDelete