Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 Favourites of the Year!

A bunch of you voted saying you'd like to see my favourites from 2010 so here they are! If you want to know more about any particular thing leave me a comment and I'll either answer or I'll bump the item up on the reviewing schedule!

Runner-up Note: The only reason some of these have Runner ups is because they almost were the favourites themselves they were that close! I tried not to do a runner up unless it was a realllllly tough choice!

Eye Favourites (Excluding Eyeshadow)


Pencil Eyeliner: Mac Chromographic NC15/NW20 Pencil Link to Review
Gel Eyeliner: Mac Rich Ground Fluidline Link to Review
Mascara: Blinc Mascara in Black Link to Review
Eyeshadow Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance Link to Review
Eyebrow Pencil: Annabelle Eyebrow Pencil in Auburn
Eyeshadow Palette: Urban Decay Box of Shadows II

Eyeshadow Favourites (By Colour)


Purple: Urban Decay Ecstasy
Pink: Mac Petalescent (This may have been Limited Edition I have it in an old palette- it's also the only light pink I own so it was kind of a given for this spot)
Yellow: Too Faced Rich B!tch Duo (Right side)
Orange: Nars Cheyenne Duo (Left Side) Link to Review
Burgundy: Nars Cheyenne Duo (Right Side) Link to Review
Brown: Stila Eden
Nude/Skintone: Wet n' Wild Color Icon Single in Brule (I'm a pale NC10- NC15, a darker skintone may match my brown favourite or even darker would probably suit a different colour. Please let me know your favourite skintone eyeshadow is! There are so many different skintones out there so it would be interesting to see what others use as their skintone/nude shade.) Link to Swatch
Gold: Don't have one I use yet! :(
Grey: Mac Vex
Silver: Wet n' Wild Night Elf (Top Right) Link to Swatch
Black: Urban Decay Perversion

Face Favourites


Concealer: TheBalm Time Balm Concealer in Lighter Than Light Link to Review
Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in Intesity 1.0 (Lightest shade)
Matte/Satin Powder Blush: Laura Mercier Second Skin Blush in Rose Petal (Runner up: Mac Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre is so lovely but LM wins due to how good it is with a bunch of different looks!)
Shimmer Powder Blush: The Body Shop Autumn Leaves Blush in Berry Link to Review
Cream Blush: Nars Penny Lane (I just got this and I love it already! Review to come!)
Face Primer: No real winner this year though if I had to choose one I liked the NARS (non-SPF version!) the best of the ones I've tried this year but I've not found my favourite primer yet! Link to Review
Liquid Highlighter: Lorac Oil-Free Illuminator in Pearl
Powder Highlighter: Don't have one I use and like yet! :(
Setting Powder: Mac Prep + Prime Translucent Powder
Tinted Moisturizer: Laura Mercier Oil Free SPF 20 in Porcelain

Lip Favourites


Lipstick: Mac Courting Lilac Lipstick (This may be new but gosh am I wearing this often! Runner Up would Mac Most Wanted Slimshine which was unfortunately discontinued.) Link to Swatch
Lip Gloss: Lorac Multiplex 3D Lipgloss in Vivid (Runners up are tied with Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Lilac Pastelle and Nars Downtown Lipgloss)
Lip Stain: Revlon Twice Bitten Lipstain and Balm in Twilight

Nail Polish (By Colour)
Green: I bought so many greens this year and none of them lived up to the standard of my favourite green (which is my favourite colour) :(
Blue: Eyeko Indigo Polish Nail Swatch
Purple: OPI Rumble's Wiggin Nail Swatch
Pink: I don't wear pink polish or at least I've yet to find a pink I like!
Red: Sephora OPI Sample Sale
Orange: Wet n' Wild Inferno Nail Swatch
Peach: NYX Fire 136 Nail Swatch
Gold: Looks Like Rain, Dear Nail Swatch
Taupe: Nubar Gem (Has a taupe base to it but it doesn't really look taupe on the nail!) Nail Swatch
Grey: Color Club Revvvolution Nail Swatch
Silver: Wet n' Wild Vixen Mitten's Dasher mini (Small silver holographic glitter) Nail Swatch
Black: Eyeko Vampira Polish Nail Swatch
TOP Nail Favourite: Nubar Gem was the winner this year, so unique and beautiful. Something that I didn't think I like but fell in love with! Nail Swatch

Nail Care Favourites


Treatment: Nail Tek II Intensive Repair Therapy Review
Cuticle Remover: Revlon Gentle Cuticle Remover Mini Review

Skin Care Favourites


Cleanser: Murad Clarifying Cleanser
Face Wipe: Say Yes to Cucumbers! Gentle Cleansing and Make-up Removal Wipe
Night Moisturizer: Murad Skin Perfecting Moisturizer
Day Moisturizer: Haven't found one I like yet with enough SPF to be worth it
Lip Balm: Josie Maran Argan Oil Lip Treatment Review
Hand Moisturizer: Bath and Body Works in Exfoliating beads Mango and Passion Fruit

Miscellaneous Favourites


Dry Shampoo: Batiste Blush Dry Shampoo
Make Up Brushes: Eco Tools Brushes Review
Favourite Mac Collection: Mac Tartan Tale Collection (As could most likely have been guessed by all of you lol) (Search Tartan in the search box and ALL the posts will pop up!)
Sunscreen: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Water Light Daily Face Sunscreen Review
Nail Polish Remover: Rexall/Life Brand Pot Sponge Remover


Hopefully the coming year will have a bunch of other favourites including the:


Things I'm still on the Hunt for!



  •        Moisturizer with a decent amount of SPF in it that also feels nice on
  •        Powder highlight I’ll actually use on a semi-regular basis
  •        Green lippie of some sort, because there aren’t any currently and I want to do a Forest Sprite/Nymph look (yes, I know I’m kinda crazy) Also a green polish I actually love!
  •       Something to get rid of blackheads and make my acne completely disappear
  •        Auburn eyebrow wax (that won’t cause acne flair ups!)
  •        Undereye gel/cream that will help prevent wrinkles and help fade my dark circles!

No comments:

Post a Comment