Friday, February 18, 2011

NOTD: Orly Kiss The Bride

I don't know about anyone else but THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY! I've had a super long and busy week with a major midterm and a major project I only finished at 10:15 a.m. this morning, literally 15 minutes before my first class. This of course was after 3 printer and 1 computer issue. I'm so tired! Luckily, this coming week is my reading week, and though I do have things I'll be working on, I also plan to do quite a few more posts to make up for my lack of late. But to start off some spring happiness (It's so warm here today, the snow is starting to melt! I can't believe it!) I have my first ever pink- yes, the one colour I never thought I would wear, let alone like- nail polish.
Orly's Kiss The Bride
Kiss The Bride is part of Orly's french manicure line, though I've used it as an all over cream colour. It's a very light pink- the colour that makes you think of the inside of puppy ears and bunny noses. And I actually really like it! Because it is so pale it does make my hands look tanner then they actually are but  the colour itself is light and feminine. Very delicate looking.
Also let me say the bottle design? Brilliant! Whoever came up with the rubberized cap idea should be knighted. Seriously, best idea in polish history! It was so easy to open and hold securely for painting!
Things in photo may appear paler than they are!
The formula for application was alright. I required three coats and could have done with a fourth one. The wear though has been phenomenal! The photos above and below were taken day 4 and 5 of my manicure. I have barely any tip wear and no chips! I'm so pleased! I'm not easy on my nails either, I'm constantly typing and in labs for school so I'm impressed to say the least.

Overall: Though the formula was average, the wear is fantastic! Plus I'm actually digging the colour (a feat I didn't think was possible). Plus the rubberized cap is a godsend!

Sprite Rating: 9/10 - Lost marks for the fact it's hard for me to get ahold of!

Would I buy this again? Yes. Even though I'm highly highly unlikely to get through a full bottle of pink polish, this was a great buy.

1 comment:

  1. This nail paint and the shade of the nail paint are very nice. That impresses all the people. As when the bride would use them, then that makes the bride more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete