Thursday, June 9, 2011

Jack Black Lemon and Chamomile Lip Balm

Lip Treatments by Jack Black at ShopStyle

I've heard about Jack Black lip balms off and on from various bloggers, but I wasn't too sure a lip balm from a brand aimed at men would really be worth it. These aren't the cheapest lip balms at around at $7.50 USD or $7.87 CND, and they have no colour to them at all but honest to god, this are the best lip balm I have ever used.

First off the smell of the Lemon and Chamomile option is heavenly. So so good that I want candles and perfume in the same scent. It's sweet but not sugary and I love how soothing it is- something about the smell is just comforting. On top of this the balm itself is fantastic. I had really chapped lips that were quite sore and a single application of this stuff and they instantly started feeling better. You don't need very much per application, and it's super long lasting though the scent does fade after a bit. In fact the balm lasted through brushing my teeth which I didn't think was possible.

On top of all of these benefits all the ingredients are awesome and have major benefits. No fillers at all and SPF protection (in Canada they don't mention the SPF in them but the sun protection ingredients are still present). The ingredients include Shea Butter, Avacado Oil, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Tocopeheryl Acetate (Vitamin E). Then there is two types of chemical sunscreen and whatever the scents of the balm are (in this case Chamomile and Lemon).

Overall, I'm in love. I think there is a scent that everyone will like out of Lemon and Chamomile, Natural Mint, Blackberry and Black Tea, Grapefruit and Ginger, and Vanilla and Lavender. They have SPF 25 sun protection, feel awesome on, smell good, last well and you don't need much per application from the squeeze tube. The tubes themselves aren't very big but in comparison to something like the Josie Maran Argan Oil lip balm which wasn't nearly as good and costs so much more.

Sprite Rating: 9.5/10- It would be perfect if it were a little less money but other than that this is perfect. Definitely Holy Grail material!

Would I buy again? YES! I just know that I'm going to be buying these over and over in the future due to how awesome this is!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great product!I'll try to find it on Ebay, because my lipbalm collection needs to get bigger :D

    ps.I know lizards bite, but Mr.Sami (he's a Hemidactilus turcicus sp.) bit me and it was as if he was holding my finger.And I was like...ok, now you're biting me?and I petted his tummy and he released me :D
    Yay for zoology!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ria- Yay for expanding lipbalm collections and belly rubs. I'm glad everything worked out well :D

    ReplyDelete